Grief and Loss Training for Professionals
In association with Living through Loss Counselling Society of BC, the Vancouver Center for Loss & Bereavement, will be offering training programs for those wishing to explore bereavement issues related to their clients or communities.
All interested practitioners are welcome.
The sessions are facilitated by a grief and loss therapist/trainer from the Centre.
A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the training.
Level 1 – The Basics
- Introduction to grief & loss : the basics of bereavement- traditional & contemporary models of grief & loss; ambiguous loss
- Multiple losses – complex bereavement, complicated grief and traumatic loss
- Bereavement by suicide or homicide, and other traumatic sudden deaths
- Death of a Child
- Understanding grief from a cultural & religious context
- Caregiver resiliency – caring for a family member or friend with Alzheimer, Dementia and other chronic or terminal related diseases,
Level 2 – Advanced
- Understanding “the brain on grief” and impact on grievers; effective interventions, e.g. EMDR, Nuerofeedback
- Reality therapy: examination of an effective model for working in bereavement and grief
- Suicide: in depth examination of suicide including assisted suicide
- Loss of Health: disease and aging issues are explored in depth
- Community Grief: impact of global & constant public violence, grief and the importance of ritual in healing
- Resilience & Self care: Effective interventions for therapists/counsellors in on-going work with grievers.
Professionals such as:
- social workers
- funeral home employees
- school counselors
- crisis workers
- palliative care nurses
or any individual who wants to explore bereavement issues related to their clients or communities.
Training is provided in Vancouver as well as on Vancouver Island.
Training is also available online.
Click on an event below for more information and registration.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
If you would like to withdraw from a course, please submit written notice(email or in writing) at least three business days before the course begins to be eligible for a refund (less a $50 administration fee). Withdrawal from the course once it has started will be handled on a case by case basis.
A mix of delivery mediums are integrated in the online forums from video, audio and Skype when able.
The on-line course can be offered to organizations or groups on a customized basis to meet time frames outside of the class dates offered.
The following is the link to our On-line Training website. You will receive a username and password to log in.