A Unique Support Group for individuals who have suffered a death of a loved one attributable to Alzheimer’s or a Dementia related disease.
LTLCBC is offering a support group for individuals who have provided care and support to a loved one who suffered from Alzheimer’s or a Dementia related disease.
LTLCBC recognizes that after the death there is no real focused care and support other than one on one counselling or general loss through death groups, for a caregiver. Caregivers may have had support and understanding from Alzheimer Society groups or other brain specific disease support groups, however post death continuance in these types of groups ends, creating another loss for the caregiver.
Those who may benefit from this group are individuals who have supported and provided care to a loved one suffering with Alzheimer’s or Dementia related disease, and now after the death are looking for support and understanding in how to adjust to the death. In many cases the care has been for a considerable amount of time and the death protracted and complicated.
- Wednesday evenings: 6:30 .pm. – 8:00p.m. PST
- 6 weeks, 12 hours of facilitated group time, discussion, education and understanding of the grief experience
- Resource materials provided to participants each week
- All groups are virtual using secure Zoom Pro Video Conference(need to have either a tablet or laptop)
- Facilitators are experienced grief therapists and trainers
- Groups size limited to 8 participants
- A minimum of 6 registered participants required to run the group
Wednesday evenings – 6:30pm to 8pm PST
limited to 8 participants
This is a closed therapy group. Registration in advance is required.
Bookings are closed for this event.