In association with Living through Loss Counselling Society of BC, the Vancouver Center for Loss & Bereavement, will be offering a 6 week on line training program for social workers, teachers, school counselors, crisis workers, therapists, palliative care nurses, funeral home employees, or any individual who wants to explore bereavement issues related to their clients or communities.
Although the course was originally designed for those individuals who live in remote communities or centers outside of the Lower Mainland and want to add to their understanding and knowledge of grief and loss all interested practitioners are welcome.
Training will cover:
- Introduction to grief & loss : the basics of bereavement- traditional & contemporary models of grief & loss; ambiguous loss
- Multiple losses – complex bereavement, complicated grief and traumatic loss
- Bereavement by suicide or homicide, and other traumatic sudden deaths
- Death of a Child
- Understanding grief from a cultural & religious context
- Caregiver resiliency – caring for a family member or friend with Alzheimer, Dementia and other chronic or terminal related diseases,
The sessions are facilitated by a grief and loss therapist/trainer from the Centre.
A mix of delivery mediums are integrated in the online forums from video, audio and Skype when able.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the training.
*The on line course can be offered to organizations or groups on a customized basis to meet time frames outside of the class dates offered.
Bookings are closed for this event.