In association with Living through Loss Counselling Society of BC, the Vancouver Center for Loss & Bereavement, will be offering a 6 week on line training program for social workers, teachers, school counselors, crisis workers, therapists, palliative care nurses, funeral home employees, or any individual who wants to explore bereavement issues related to their clients or communities.
Training will cover:
- Module 1: Grief & Loss: The Basics covering; Introduction to grief & loss: the basics of bereavement- traditional & contemporary models of grief & loss;
- Module 2: Complex Bereavement, Complicated Grief & Traumatic Loss
- Module 3. Special Issues in Complicated Grief & Traumatic Loss; Multiple Losses, Ambiguous Mourning, Disenfranchised Grief, Anticipatory Mourning.
- Module 4: Bereavement: Medically Assistance in Dying (MAID), Sudden Death -Homicide, Suicide, Drug & Alcohol Related Deaths
- Module 5: Bereavement: Death in the Family, child, parent, grandparents, beloved family members & friends (including pet loss)
- Module 6: (a) Caregiver resiliency – caring for family and friends with chronic or terminal related diseases, such as dementia and Alzheimer, Parkinson’s
- Module 6: (b) How Culture & Religion Affect the way we grieve.
The sessions are facilitated by a grief and loss therapist/trainer from the Centre.
A mix of delivery mediums are integrated in the online forums from video, audio and Skype when able.
A certificate will be awarded upon successful completion of the training.
*The on line course can be offered to organizations or groups on a customized basis to meet time frames outside of the class dates offered.
15% discount available for all who register for this Summer class!
Bookings are closed for this event.