Professional Grief Counselling
now until September 15th
when you register for the Sept and Oct online level 1 courses.
use the coupon code ‘summer’
Click on the date to register for the group.
The sessions are facilitated by a grief and loss therapist/trainer with The Vancouver Centre for Loss and Bereavement.
A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the training.
Grief and Loss Training for Professionals
Bereavement Training for Professionals – Level 1: The Basics
This Bereavement Training is for social workers, teachers, funeral home employees, school counselors, crisis workers, therapists, palliative care nurses, or any individual who wants to explore bereavement issues related to their clients.
Training will cover:
- The basics of bereavement
- Complex Bereavement Complicated Grief & Traumatic Loss
- Special Issues in Complicated Grief – Ambiguos Mourning & Disenfranchised Grief
- Bereavment: Homicide & Suicide
- Death of Child
- Community Grief
- Cultural & religious sensitivity with regards to grief
- Caregiver resiliency
Teacher: Cheryl Bucar
Teacher: Lynette Pollard
Living Through Loss Counselling Society sees clients who are experiencing one or more of the following
- death of a loved one
- loss of health / disabilities
- traumatic loss
- sudden death
- pregnancy loss and fertility issues
- caregiver support in pre-bereavement & anticipatory loss situations
- loss due to life changes
- pet loss
- loss of a foster child due to custody or placement
- relationship loss
- emotional distress
- support for survivors of assisted suicide
- compassion fatigue / burnout